Re: Local First

Eve Maler

Some of the ideals they state are a matter of opinion (what if my privacy choice is to “trap” photos or messages on the single device where I captured them?), or dependent on the type of service (what about services that can’t function without a connection?), or specified at different levels of detail (The Long Now??). Also, “ownership” is still a fraught concept. Not to be picky, but...

Eve Maler (sent from my iPad) | cell +1 425 345 6756

On Aug 31, 2020, at 6:47 PM, Lisa LeVasseur <lisa.levasseur@...> wrote:

Hi friends,

I shared this in the Certification WG last week and thought it was worth sharing with the whole mail list:  https://www.inkandswitch.com/local-first.html

The principles in “local first” align well with Me2B principles—perhaps something we can consider in our certification.

Also interesting to note that this was published over a year ago.

Lisa

Join main@Me2BAlliance.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.